``

Saturday 27 June 2009

June and July travels

We arrived at the boat at about 10-30 on Friday night after stopping to eat at a pub on the Daventry ring road. I didn't realise that an order of £15 for the two of us would have resulted in a free bottle of wine, if I had just had ordered mains and sweets it would have been enough, just!

 

Today we didn't start that early and went by car to the working boat rally at Braunston. Entry was free but car parking was £10 with the money going to good causes. The Mill House was charging £5 but I guess the money was all going to them, so I happily paid my tenner. As usual Tim had organised an excellent show and had invited many small waterways related traders who couldn't afford to go to Crick and such like.

We returned to Harnser about 5 pm and wondered what to do, I then recalled that someone I met at the show (Clive) said that the River Festival was on at Stratford next weekend and a look in Waterways World not only confirmed this but also a traditional boat show at Henley in a few weeks time, we should have time to do both, but a phone call on Monday will confirm if we can still attend Stratford. With this in mined we pushed off down the flight mooring just above the bottom lock at 7 pm for the night.

No comments: